Cristiano Ronaldo is on top of Instagram’s celebrity-rich list based on a charge per sponsored post. The Juventus forward can charge advertisers $1,604,000 per post on his account, according to social media marketing firm Hopper HQ. (https://www.hopperhq.com).
Ronaldo is widely regarded as one of the best football players of all time, breaking multiple records and winning the Ballon d’Or multiple times. He is one of the most followed celebrities on Instagram and has worked with a wide variety of brands through his social media channel.
He knocked wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson off the top spot and this is the first time Ronaldo has topped the list.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has 310 million Instagram followers and counting. The estimated cost for an Instagram post by Ronaldo, who made headlines in June when he removed two bottles of Coca-Cola at Euro 2020 press conference, has increased by 54%.
The UK-based company Hopper HQ, which runs social media accounts on behalf of companies and individuals, published its first Instagram rich list in 2017.
Some Nigerian celebs also made the top 100 in the famous list.
- Yemi Alade – 67th in ranking with $88,100 per post
- Funke Akindele Bello – 70th in ranking with $83,600 per post
- Tiwa Savage – 74th in ranking with $78,600 per post
- WizKid – 79th in ranking with $77,000 per post
- Mercy Johnson Okojie – 90th in ranking with $65,300 per post
- Mercy Aigbe – 92nd in ranking with $61,500 per post